Thread: Remote Access

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a user who was editing a file with Notepad. He left without saving it & screen lock came on. While he was gone, something happened to lock up his keyboard. Pressing the space bar un-blacks the screen, but I cannot press Ctl-Alt-Del (tried all 8 different ways) and get the login screen. We've swapped keyboards with no effect. Is there a way to remotely save the file or unlock the screen? TIA -- Sam

Later... discovered Windows U & turn on virtual keyboard. No response to Ctl-Alt-Del on the virtual keyboard either.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You may want to hold on a bit longer to see if someone else comes up with a suggestion, but I fear that a hard reboot will be necessary, which means that the Notepad file is lost - Notepad keeps everything in memory, it doesn't create temp files...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Well we tried remotely killing the wrong process which rebooted the computer. That will teach the user to save his work. I offered him some cheese (with his whine), but he declined.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Too bad - but I was afraid it wouldn't work...