Lounger
    Thanks
    Good afternoon ..... the problem is to map two bubbles automatically into a Boston Risk Matrix and show the bubbles to be proporational in size according to the confidence interval associated with the degree of certainty in the "score" ........ as follows:

.. X..............Y..........Score.......Confidence
    .............................( X * Y ).......Interval

The Boston Risk Matrix in the sheet attached is heavily annotated, as I was not able to work out how to produce the bubbles on the same chart as the bars producing the colored areas Red, Yellow, and Green. I am also at a loss to add in the grid lines. In addition, I am not getting how to add the numbers at both the matrix intersections points (the product of the x and y indices) and the bubble centers (the score value).

Thank you for your kind assitance and support. By the way, what happend to the lounge lizard? He(?) is missed .... !
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Lex is still alive but, as Bowlie says, "otherwise engaged". See Lexes from the old lounge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can't create a combination chart that includes bubble series.

You could create a bubble chart based on the data you need, give it a transparent background, set its axes to go from 0.5 to 5.5 and overlay it on the area chart. But it's tricky to get the chart areas to match exactly.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='786107' date='24-Jul-2009 16:28']You can't create a combination chart that includes bubble series.

You could create a bubble chart based on the data you need, give it a transparent background, set its axes to go from 0.5 to 5.5 and overlay it on the area chart. But it's tricky to get the chart areas to match exactly.[/quote]
    Thank you Hans. I had a feeling that this was the case. This presentation will eventually appear in an automated Integrated Performance Monitoring system built on a Business Objects platform; so in the end it will be the tech folks who sort out out the presentation details. As the SME on the project, I direct content and algorythm development, and when possible, actually demonstrate a functioning prototype proving all steps and processes through to presentaion. However, in this case, the prototype will have to remain a little more primtive than usual.

So when the lizard is done basking in the sunshine on his extended vacation, I am looking forward to his reappearance in his usual postion, monitoring and commenting (so to speak) on user bahavior.

Thanks
    How about something like this?

I combined a Area Chart with an XY scatter. The Current and proposed are not filled but they are the correct sizes and will adjust. (They are just a drawn circle with XY points). It could be approx filled (if really desired) by using lines to create a Hatch pattern in the circle (one could be hoiz the other vertical, or one hor+Vert the other at 45 degrees both directions).

Since the area covers the auto gridlines of the chart, I added some on the XY coords...

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files