5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Also - Please don't tell Jezza, or the Jezzarettes. We don't want the secret coming to Europe!
    Bearly believable!

Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='786164' date='25-Jul-2009 10:30']Also - Please don't tell Jezza, or the Jezzarettes. We don't want the secret coming to Europe!
    Bearly believable![/quote]
    Any clues as to what the story is about for those of us not wishing to have to 'enrol'?

[attachment=84858:x.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (21.8 KB, 0 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='786177' date='25-Jul-2009 06:52']Any clues as to what the story is about for those of us not wishing to have to 'enrol'?[/quote]
    Bowlie seems to have left, so...

It's a story about a product called BearVault and how it has been "conquered" by "...a relatively tiny, extremely shy middle-aged black bear named Yellow-Yellow..." in the popular Adirondacks.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='786178' date='25-Jul-2009 12:17']It's a story about a product called BearVault and how it has been "conquered" by "...a relatively tiny, extremely shy middle-aged black bear named Yellow-Yellow..." in the popular Adirondacks.[/quote]
    Ah. Thank you for the enlightenment. However, I doubt if even 'super rugged polycarbonate' is proof against a chainsaw!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I can view the article without problems. Must be some kind of location check, but I have no idea why The Netherlands is OK and the UK isn't...

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='786184' date='25-Jul-2009 13:33']I can view the article without problems. Must be some kind of location check, but I have no idea why The Netherlands is OK and the UK isn't...[/quote]
    It worked for me! But maybe I enrolled yonks ago...

And I'm sure Bowlie realised that the Donovan song was "(They call me) Mellow Yellow"... (YouTube video with fairly rough/distorted mono soundtrack of the song). Those were the days when Saffron was a completely acceptable girl's name.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='786184' date='25-Jul-2009 13:33']I can view the article without problems. Must be some kind of location check, but I have no idea why The Netherlands is OK and the UK isn't...[/quote]
    It worked for me too, and I am pretty sure I can't have enrolled from this PC as I rebuilt it a couple of weeks ago.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    So it must be the Curse of Buckinghamshire...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Apologies, I had forgotten that the NY Times requires 'free registration'. They've recently merged their web-site with the web-site of the International Herald Tribune (which they now own 100%). The IHT site didn't require registration and I'm guessing those with an IHT cookie on board won't be sent down the Registration route.

Thanks John, for reminding me that "I'm just mad about Saffron, and Saffron's made about me ..." (note the name of the yellow smilie)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't remember the copyright rules - so please delete this if I'm breaking them. I'm going to quote some of the text from the article and provide a link to it's source. Hope that's OK.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='786278' date='26-Jul-2009 12:06']I can't remember the copyright rules - so please delete this if I'm breaking them. I'm going to quote some of the text from the article and provide a link to it's source. Hope that's OK.[/quote]

Bowlie,

If you follow the link in your post, you will see a Copyright link at the bottom of that page. This will take you to a copyright notice that includes...
    All materials contained on this site ... may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without ... written permission...
    It's probably OK to quote a few sentences, and provide a link back to the original site, but not a very long quote that includes most of the original article.