3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista Business Installed. Recently I have been having problem connecting to the internet using the wireless connection. The wireless connection works fine within the LAN and I can view all the network devices. However, it would not let me connect to the Internet. My other laptops (on WinXP) have no issues with the wireless connection.

When I tried ipconfig /renew, it always reported errors on the wireless part and cannot renew an IP for it. Wired adapter did get the IP though.

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='swhli' post='786490' date='27-Jul-2009 21:23']I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista Business Installed. Recently I have been having problem connecting to the internet using the wireless connection. The wireless connection works fine within the LAN and I can view all the network devices. However, it would not let me connect to the Internet. My other laptops (on WinXP) have no issues with the wireless connection.

When I tried ipconfig /renew, it always reported errors on the wireless part and cannot renew an IP for it. Wired adapter did get the IP though.[/quote]

Have you checked the router settings?
    Have you removed the wireless connection, re-booted, and let Vista rediscover it?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

[quote name='swhli' post='786490' date='27-Jul-2009 19:23']I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista Business Installed. Recently I have been having problem connecting to the internet using the wireless connection. The wireless connection works fine within the LAN and I can view all the network devices. However, it would not let me connect to the Internet. My other laptops (on WinXP) have no issues with the wireless connection.

When I tried ipconfig /renew, it always reported errors on the wireless part and cannot renew an IP for it. Wired adapter did get the IP though.

Thanks[/quote]

My Toshiba does this just once in a while,

Don't forget to unplug and replug the modem, router, (and in my case the Access point) and push the reset buttons.
    This always seems to work for me.......

Good Luck...
    Michael