Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a custom button on an Excel toolbar that displays my Userform. In the Initialize event, I want to set the form's Left & Top property so that the form starts up close to the mouse pointer.

Currently, I am using the GetCursorPos API, using the X & Y as Left & Top. This is OK when my application is in the upper-left corner of the screen, but as I move accross/down the screen, the GetCursorPos values that I am using for Left & Top are too big by about 30%.

So, for now, I just subtract 30% & it is close, but I would like to know how to properly convert and why? Points, pixels, TIA --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Thanks
    The API uses pixels, I think, so you'd need the Application.Pointstoscreenpixelsx and PointstoscreenpixelsY to convert them.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    IIRC the ratio from points to pixels is (usually) either 0.75 or 1/0.75
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pieterse' post='786541' date='28-Jul-2009 10:42']IIRC the ratio from points to pixels is (usually) either 0.75 or 1/0.75[/quote]
    Thanks, Jan Karel! Since XL2K and earlier does not have PointsToScreenPixel..., (which was what I was looking for) .75 is the answer.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>