3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

Hi y'all.

We have a spreadsheet that refreshes data from the web every 5 minutes. However, whenever the data refreshes, all the Filters disappear and then have to be redone. Just to clarify, it's not just that the Filter on/off needs to be clicked again, it actually removes the Filtered data, so if we currently have a column Filtered by Town, the filter is turned off, and all the data reappears.

Is there any way to get Excel to Refresh the Data but keep the current view?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You'd probably have to write event code for the AfterRefresh event of the QueryTable to apply the filter again.

See How to Use the Query BeforeRefresh and AfterRefresh Events.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    You can also change the properties of the webquery and set the option to "Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells".
    On my Excel 2003 that works fine.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

[quote name='pieterse' post='786575' date='28-Jul-2009 18:03']You can also change the properties of the webquery and set the option to "Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells".
    On my Excel 2003 that works fine.[/quote]

Thanks Jan. MS must have changed this in Office 2007. We tried all 3 options for 'Overwrite Existing cells . . .", but in each instance, Excel removed the filters.

Unless there's another thing we can try, I guess we'll have to try writing Code, as Hans suggested.

Thanks to both of you for your help.