2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Two or three times per day I receive a digest of posts from an online discussion list (Police-L) to which I have subscribed for many years. For close to a year now, give or take a few months, whenever I select the hyperlink for the very last post in theany given digest the screen/display gets very hazy and shortly thereafter I get a message box telling me that Outlook has stopped working unexpectedly and that Windows is searching for a solution. This does not happen for any of the other posts in the digest, only the very last one. I have no idea what is causing this. And, since a majority of the posts of interest to me are not the final post offered in any given digest the problem is of little consequence to me. So, my search for an answer regarding this phenomena is mainly to satisfy my own curiosity (although I have had to miss an interesting post or two).

Additionally, and I do not know if this is related to the above problem, in the past several months I have had a problem when selecting items such as e-mail messages, address book entries, and text/punctuation characters with the mouse. After having selected various items w/o incident on any given session the mouse will suddenly begin opening the selected item even though I've only clicked on that item once, or will suddenly enter an e-mail address or addresses into the address field box when all I was trying to do was select the address(es). The e-mail is sent & received without a problem. It's just very time consuming as well as frustrating & vexing having to delete multiple addresses wrongly placed into the address field, or having to close multiple messages that opened up when all I was trying to do was select several messages to move to a separate folder. This sometimes happens with text is messages or documents as well where I attempt to select a few letters in a word for editing, or place the insertion point at a particular location and wind-up with an entire word, sentence, or paragraph selected.

I am running Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium, both of which came installed on this DELL desktop 2+ years ago.

Thanks in advance WOPR.

Steve Gardella

"If you're not the lead dog, the view rarely changes."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='SDGardella' post='786943' date='31-Jul-2009 01:28']I am running Outlook 2007 on Vista Home Premium, both of which came installed on this DELL desktop 2+ years ago.[/quote]

Is your Office software up-to-date with service packs and patches?

Have you tried running with Outlook addins disabled?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='786983' date='31-Jul-2009 08:31']Is your Office software up-to-date with service packs and patches? Yes, I accept all auto updates & patches.

Have you tried running with Outlook addins disabled? I've not installed any addins but I will check anyway. This may take a while since I've not ever checked this in the past (but I'll learn).[/quote]

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    To run with addins disabled.

Start | Run | Outlook.exe /noextensions

See Command-line switches for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online for more details.

Joe
    Joe