New Lounger
    Thanks
    I often copy articles from various web pages into word 2003, under windows xp. Everything seems to be okay. I remove texts and objects that I don't need. I find adobe flash reader items hard to remove - I do that by selecting a character above and a character below, and that delete the selection.

but then a problem arises. Word hangs when I try to save the document. Only solution: ending word using ctrl-alt-del.

Is there a better way to do this - and I realise I could paste in notebook, but I do want to retain part of the formatting and the links.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't find anything about this problem, but I can reproduce it in Word 2002.
    The only workaround seems to be to take great care to avoid including flash content when copying from a web page into Word.

Thanks
    [quote name='marcwl' post='786979' date='31-Jul-2009 05:48']Is there a better way to do this - and I realise I could paste in notebook, but I do want to retain part of the formatting and the links.[/quote]
    By default, Word will paste in HTML format. Does the Edit > Paste Special dialog offer any other "rich text" type options that might work?