Thread: Free Nero 9

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    See Nero - Free Version.

Note: only does data burning and disc copying features for CDs and DVDs. You must upgrade to full version for anything else.

However, it is .

Joe
    Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='787030' date='31-Jul-2009 15:28']See Nero - Free Version.

Note: only does data burning and disc copying features for CDs and DVDs. You must upgrade to full version for anything else.

However, it is .

Joe[/quote]

Thanks Joe. Interestingly enough I just got it from FileHippo without having advance knowledge of it, then skipped over to The Lounge to post it here, only to find that you beat me to it.

Now if only we could only persuade a few other software suppliers to loosen up a bit, if only by reducing prices, we might have a partial cure for the current recession.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='787030' date='31-Jul-2009 15:28']See Nero - Free Version.

However, it is .

Joe[/quote]
    Joe,
    Hello, In the past i installed "Nero" that came with a new Dvd /writer (HPdvd 1070) Trial version (limited version) .After finding out that you had to "Upgrade" to full, i tried to remove it , what a PAIN ! it left remnants everywhere, and was very difficult to remove. Ended up doing a Full recovery to "expunge" this pain in the butt program!So beware! Regards
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Just Plain Fred' post='787073' date='31-Jul-2009 19:33']Joe,
    Hello, In the past i installed "Nero" that came with a new Dvd /writer (HPdvd 1070) Trial version (limited version) .After finding out that you had to "Upgrade" to full, i tried to remove it , what a PAIN ! it left remnants everywhere, and was very difficult to remove. Ended up doing a Full recovery to "expunge" this pain in the butt program!So beware! Regards [/quote]

I believe there is something called a 'General Clean Tool' that can be downloaded from Nero to accomplish this.

I confess I got sucked into downloading it and thinking I had something, until I read your post and re-read Joe's, fortunately before attempting to install it. I got burned on this myself once before. My existing Nero 7 Ultra does everything I want and then some, and it works under both Vista and under Windows 7.

My remarks about economics were out of place in this forum, although they might have been allowed in Scuttlebutt (or end up there).

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='peterg' post='787080' date='31-Jul-2009 22:39']I believe there is something called a 'General Clean Tool' that can be downloaded from Nero to accomplish this.

I confess I got sucked into downloading it and thinking I had something, until I read your post and re-read Joe's, fortunately before attempting to install it. I got burned on this myself once before. My existing Nero 7 Ultra does everything I want and then some, and it works under both Vista and under Windows 7.

My remarks about economics were out of place in this forum, although they might have been allowed in Scuttlebutt (or end up there).[/quote]
    Hello peterg,
    Just would like to explain my comments. When i purchased the new DVD HP player/writer, the "Nero disk " came with it. At the time i did not know what it was (being a brand new newbee) so i "loaded" the disk thinking it was part of the install. Also i didn't have anything in my "bag of tricks" ( revo uninstaller, JV-16 power tools,unlocker, reg& file assassin, etc) to remove it. so it left "ICONS" that wouldn't work or be removed, so at that time my only option was a "Recovery" Now (hopefully) somewhat wiser i wouldn't have to do the recovery to remove it. So ,if you have a good "bag of tricks" feel free to download and "let er rip" Regards
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)