5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just got a new printer which is just narrower then my (large) stock of envelopes !

To get round this I'd like to print, from an Access 2003 address book I have written, with the envelopes "sideways".

Options:

1. Force the report to print landscape, but I cannot see how to do that from an action button on a form which calls the report for printing

2. Deisgn the report with the text running top to bottom instead of left to right - but I cannot see how to do that either

3. Or is there another way ?

Thanks

Martin

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You'd have to change the orientation of the report from portrait to landscape in the File | Page Setup dialog. The setting will be saved with the report.
    You may have to adjust the design of the report - it won't adjust itself automatically to the change in page setup.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='MartinM' post='787055' date='31-Jul-2009 15:54']I have just got a new printer which is just narrower then my (large) stock of envelopes !

To get round this I'd like to print, from an Access 2003 address book I have written, with the envelopes "sideways".

Options:

1. Force the report to print landscape, but I cannot see how to do that from an action button on a form which calls the report for printing

2. Deisgn the report with the text running top to bottom instead of left to right - but I cannot see how to do that either

3. Or is there another way ?

Thanks

Martin[/quote]
    Option 1 is really what you want. If you open the envelope report in design mode, and then choose Page Setup, you can specify that the report is to be printed in Landscape mode. You can also set that report to go to a specific printer if the new printer is not your default printer.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the prompt reply - done, and it works perfectly