New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a report which is produced as a pdf file and automatically attached to an email.
    My problem arises when the report is more than one page, as we only want to attach the first page.
    I know I can do a single page when printing, but how do I do it when using OutputTo PDF?

Lorraine

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The built-in output to PDF doesn't have an option to convert only a limited number of pages, as far as I know. You'd have to create a separate version of the report that produces only one page.

If you have a PDF conversion utility that acts as a printer, such as Adobe Acrobat or pdf 995 (free), you can print to PDF and specify the page range.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans

I knew I could do it that way but was hoping to do it automatically. Yes, I do use pdf995 and find it handy.

[quote name='HansV' post='787094' date='02-Aug-2009 00:03']The built-in output to PDF doesn't have an option to convert only a limited number of pages, as far as I know. You'd have to create a separate version of the report that produces only one page.

If you have a PDF conversion utility that acts as a printer, such as Adobe Acrobat or pdf 995 (free), you can print to PDF and specify the page range.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The PrintOut macro action and the DoCmd.PrintOut VBA method let you specify a page range, so you could do the following:

- Set Application.Printer to the pdf995 printer.
    - Open the report in preview mode.
    - Use DoCmd.PrintOut to print the first page.
    - Close the report.
    - Reset Application.Printer to the standard printer.