FrontPage (2000)

HELP !! Prob a simple answer to this but I need some help. When I create a hover button and test it on my pc the links to the other page's work fine. When I try browse the pages from my networked pc or on another pc having copied the site onto disk ir just wont link. Any ideas on how to fix this. Why does it only work on my local machine and not the others ???? Confused - please help.

Redcliff, Alberta, Canada

Re: FrontPage (2000)

Did you copy the site or publish it? Are other links misbehaving similarly? What Browser are you using to test it?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Hi Catharine, The site is still on my pc. Just tried to view it from my networked pc and I could not get to the next page/pages on the site. I was trying to test the buttons as I have had this prob in the past. If I use a normal link then it will work - just not on the hover button. I'm using IE 5.5 on both pc's with Win 98 SE.

I'm wrestling with the same problem. Take a look at the html for the page. Look for:

<applet code="fphover.class" codebase="./" width="100" height="24"> The codebase argument may be pointing to your temp directory. FP is supposed to resolve these references, but it doesn't do it reliably in FP2K.

Also, the line that reads: <param name="url" valuetype="ref" value="index.htm"> will sometimes get screwed up. and say something goofy like value="file://http://C:/my documents/.../index.htm" (yeah, I know file://http:// is an error) with a full path in it. I used a globals search and replace to pull out all the path junk.

I have no idea what causes this, but it's burned me twice this week. When I exit FP, it still shows in Task Manager as a running app, which it shouldn't. I'm about to <groan> detect and repair to see if that fixes it. It seems to have something to do with whether the page referred to has been saved or not, but that's just an unconfirmed suspicion at this point.

Is there any possiblity that my Norton Antivirus (2001) could be involved in this?

Blasted hover buttons...I've got a client watching every update I make, and it's getting embarrassing...

Bob Dog