2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Um, which toolbar?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    If it is the "Firefox updated" page that always appears, for the solution see Firefox has just updated tab shows each time you start Firefox

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='787215' date='02-Aug-2009 14:25']Um, which toolbar?[/quote]

It's the toolbar below the "links" one.

Tony, it 's not the update page. It's Mozilla Firefox start page. Firefox opens to what I designate as my home page, but also displays the Firefox Start page tab....

(Using Firefox 3.5)

Thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mipendance' post='787222' date='02-Aug-2009 20:16']It's the toolbar below the "links" one.

Tony, it 's not the update page. It's Mozilla Firefox start page. Firefox opens to what I designate as my home page, but also displays the Firefox Start page tab....

(Using Firefox 3.5)

Thanks.[/quote]
    Check your list of home pages, Firefox can store multiple home pages. For details see How to set the home page

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='TonyE' post='787223' date='02-Aug-2009 15:20']Check your list of home pages, Firefox can store multiple home pages. For details see How to set the home page[/quote]

That was the first thing I did. Deleted everything in there and entered my desired home page. Tab still there. I exited Firefox, re-entered, still there.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    In the options dialog in the section where you set the home page, what is the option "When Firefox Starts" set to do?

Another possible cause is the file that stores details of your Firefox session is corrupt. Close Firefox, go to your profile folder and delete sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak, the files will be recreated the next time you start Firefox.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    For the future:

It's better to ask your question in the main body of the post, not just in its subject. Most readers expect the question to be in the body, so they might overlook it if it's in the subject only.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='TonyE' post='787229' date='02-Aug-2009 15:34']In the options dialog in the section where you set the home page, what is the option "When Firefox Starts" set to do?[/quote]

It had been set to show my home page (which would be AOL); my sister suggested setting it to a Blank page and entering AOL as home page. It worked. Thanks to your question, it made her try the Blank page option. So, to you and her, thank you!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mipendance' post='787241' date='02-Aug-2009 17:27']It had been set to show my home page (which would be AOL); my sister suggested setting it to a Blank page and entering AOL as home page. It worked. Thanks to your question, it made her try the Blank page option. So, to you and her, thank you![/quote]

Correction: we reset When Firefox starts to Home page and have AOL as the home page.

Don't want to mislead someone who may read this in the future....

Edited by Bigaldoc to add the closing quote to two posts. ( [ /quote] without the space.)