4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi Everyone, Its been a while since I posted - being newly retired is busy work

I have macro security set to medium in Word 2003 SP3 so that it always asks if it is OK to enable macros. Recently, one specific file doesn't ask, it just goes right to the "enter password". Since I use an AutoOpen macro, shouldn't every file ask for permission to enable macros?

TIA
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There are two situations in which Word does not display the macro warning:

1. In the Trusted Publishers tab of Tools | Macro | Security..., you can tick the check box "Trust all installed add-ins and templates". If so, templates and add-ins in your user templates and Word startup folder won't display the macro warning.

2. If the document or template has been signed with a digital certificate, and if you have indicated once that you trust this certificate, the macro warning will not be displayed. You can see which certificates you trust in the dialog mentioned under 1.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='787588' date='04-Aug-2009 17:37']There are two situations in which Word does not display the macro warning:

1. In the Trusted Publishers tab of Tools | Macro | Security..., you can tick the check box "Trust all installed add-ins and templates". If so, templates and add-ins in your user templates and Word startup folder won't display the macro warning.

2. If the document or template has been signed with a digital certificate, and if you have indicated once that you trust this certificate, the macro warning will not be displayed. You can see which certificates you trust in the dialog mentioned under 1.[/quote]

I think the first item is the reason why. I do have the "Trust etc." box checked although I didn't check it. Must be a default and I hadn't noticed the way different files opened. I just wanted to be sure that the file wasn't corrupted.

Thanks Hans.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><big><font color=4682b4>Sherry</font color=4682b4></big></font face=comic>