3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

Like most organizations, we have an Exchange environment where everyone can view each other's Calendars. We've just set up a new system with a Single, shared Calendar into which every Relationship Management appointment appears. This is to help avoid duplicate appointments, eg, X visits Manager 1 at Company One on 7 August, and Y visits Manager 2 at Company One on 8 August---obviously, this helps us to be more coordinated and not waste our time and the time of other companies.

We would now like to see this Shared Calendar in the 'All Appointments' view, but everytime 'All Appointments' is selected, Outlook jumps back from the Shared Calendar to your own Calendar.

Is there a way to view All Appointments for another Calendar, or is this View unique to your own Calendar?

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does it work if you customize the current view instead of selecting a different view? It should be possible to change the view on a shared calendar.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

[quote name='HansV' post='788960' date='14-Aug-2009 13:41']Does it work if you customize the current view instead of selecting a different view? It should be possible to change the view on a shared calendar.[/quote]

Hi Hans

Sorry for delay in replying.

I tried your suggestion but the Fields available are limited when you try to "Customize Current View" so it doesn't seem like that's an avenue to explore unless there's a way to unlock the Fields available.

Think we might be out of luck. Maybe Outlook 2010 might have more options for working with your colleagues' Calendars?

Thanks again for the reply.

Brian

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='farscape_fan' post='791668' date='01-Sep-2009 08:06']Fields available are limited when you try to "Customize Current View" so it doesn't seem like that's an avenue to explore unless there's a way to unlock the Fields available.[/quote]
    Prior to Outlook 2007, when a user drilled down through the "Customize Current View" Dialogs to the "Show Fields" Dialog, at the top of the dialog there is a "Select Available Fields From:" drop down which enables users to expose more fields. See if this is available in Outlook 2007, and if so see if something other than "Frequently Used Fields" helps.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='791861' date='02-Sep-2009 20:01']Prior to Outlook 2007, when a user drilled down through the "Customize Current View" Dialogs to the "Show Fields" Dialog, at the top of the dialog there is a "Select Available Fields From:" drop down which enables users to expose more fields. See if this is available in Outlook 2007, and if so see if something other than "Frequently Used Fields" helps.[/quote]

Thanks. Yes, there are other Fields, but none that would be useful, eg, Subject, Location, etc.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Brian

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='farscape_fan' post='791966' date='03-Sep-2009 05:33']Yes, there are other Fields, but none that would be useful, eg, Subject, Location, etc. [/quote]Subject and Location are available in Outlook 2003. They are also available in Outlook 2003 table views such as All Events by right clicking the header bar showing the Fields and using the Field chooser, which has the same "Frequently used fields" drop-down which can be changed to show more fields. Either Outlook 2007 removed earlier capabilities in this regard, or we have a misunderstanding.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, they're there if you're working with your own Calendar, but as soon as you select a colleague's calendar, Outlook switches to Day/Week/Month view, and there's no way to modify this view. If you try to change the View, Outlook jumps you back to your own Calendar and then applies the requested View.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='farscape_fan' post='791982' date='03-Sep-2009 15:21']Yes, they're there if you're working with your own Calendar, but as soon as you select a colleague's calendar, Outlook switches to Day/Week/Month view, and there's no way to modify this view. If you try to change the View, Outlook jumps you back to your own Calendar and then applies the requested View. [/quote]

I just tried this using Outlook 2007 and Exchange (V whatever my employers have).
    I displayed two calendars in day/week/month view (mine and a colleagues)
    I used View > Current View > All appointments to display a table view
    The resulting display only included appointments from my colleague's calendar, none from mine.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='792006' date='03-Sep-2009 18:37']I just tried this using Outlook 2007 and Exchange (V whatever my employers have).
    I displayed two calendars in day/week/month view (mine and a colleagues)
    I used View > Current View > All appointments to display a table view
    The resulting display only included appointments from my colleague's calendar, none from mine.[/quote]

Very strange. I just did what you did, and it only showed my Appointments?

This is easy to confirm because the Search box is context sensitive, ie, it changes to display the Calendar it's going to Search.
    For example, if I open John Smith's Calendar and uncheck my own Calendar, it says "Search John Smith - Calendar".
    If I close John's Calendar and open my own, then it says "Search Calendar".

When I opened my Calendar AND my colleague's Calendar, it says "Search Calendar". I can click on John's Calendar, and Outlook updates the Search box to say "Search John Smith - Calendar". But, again, if I go to View > Current View > All appointments, it jumps back to "Search Calendar".

HOWEVER, I have found a solution!

If I right-click a colleague's Calendar and choose "Open in New Window", I can then change the Current View!

Happy Days. Problem Solved.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have played with this a bit more, and the calendar that it chooses to display is very strange. If I have recently viewed someone else's calendar in a timeline view then it switches to that calendar - EVEN IF IT IS NOT ONE OF THE TWO I CAM CURRENTLY LOOKING AT.