Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Windows Vista Home edition on my Compaq Presidio.

When using the Snipping Tool to select portions of the PDF file text I want, some of the text (below the bottom of the screen) is not selected by the Snipping Tool cursor ( + ). The Snipping Tool cursor ( + ) does not allow me to scroll downwards to select more portions of the PDF document.

If beforehand, I zoom to about a 60% view, then my new Snipping Tool gif file text shows up very small. How can I do a better Snipping Tool selection ??

Thanks for your help… Theodore

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Theodore' post='787774' date='06-Aug-2009 11:08']When using the Snipping Tool to select portions of the PDF file text I want, some of the text (below the bottom of the screen) is not selected by the Snipping Tool cursor ( + ). The Snipping Tool cursor ( + ) does not allow me to scroll downwards to select more portions of the PDF document.

If beforehand, I zoom to about a 60% view, then my new Snipping Tool gif file text shows up very small. How can I do a better Snipping Tool selection ??[/quote]

The Snipping Tool is not designed to do what you are trying. It is just a quick tool to do a screen shot capture of what is currently being displayed. You'd need to use a toll such as the shareware Product Tour for Snagit, Screen capture software by TechSmith or FastStone Screen Capture - The Best Screen Capture Software.

Joe