Star Lounger
    Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro (Yugoslavia)
    Thanks
    I want to set maximum value in cell that must be whole number, where values are shown as a percent. Example of table is table I used in topic named "calculate number of days"(topic was discussed a few days ago). I want to set maximum value in cell H5(Rabat1) to 14% , cell I5(Rabat2) and cell J5(Rabat3) to 6%, and cell K5(Rabat4) to 6% . These cells are cells in worksheet named REALIZACIJA

Thing that confuses me is how to set values because percents are shown, what is formula, and how to use it(or, at least, what is syntax of formula).

any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    A value such as 14% is stored as 14/100 = 0.14.

So if you want H5 to be at most 14%:
    - Select H5.
    - Select Data | Validation...
    - Select Decimal from the Allow dropdown.
    - Leave the Data dropdown at the default Between.
    - Enter 0 as minimum and 0.14 as maximum (I'm using a point as decimal separator here, if you use comma as decimal separator on your system, enter 0,14).
    - If you wish, activate the Error Message tab and specify a suitable error message.
    - Click OK.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks!

One more question: how to do this with several cells at once? Only to select them and apply the rule, or...?

[quote name='HansV' post='787801' date='06-Aug-2009 20:59']A value such as 14% is stored as 14/100 = 0.14.

So if you want H5 to be at most 14%:
    - Select H5.
    - Select Data | Validation...
    - Select Decimal from the Allow dropdown.
    - Leave the Data dropdown at the default Between.
    - Enter 0 as minimum and 0.14 as maximum (I'm using a point as decimal separator here, if you use comma as decimal separator on your system, enter 0,14).
    - If you wish, activate the Error Message tab and specify a suitable error message.
    - Click OK.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you want to apply the SAME maximum to a number of cells, select all those cells before selecting Data | Validation.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I supposed this, but I wasn't sure. Thanks anyway.

If you see me online here more often than earlier, reason is that I am working on one project that uses table attached in my previous topic. Any project needs solving many problems, isn't it true?

[quote name='HansV' post='787810' date='06-Aug-2009 22:00']If you want to apply the SAME maximum to a number of cells, select all those cells before selecting Data | Validation.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, there are almost always more problems than you thought when you started the project...