Thanks
    Not sure whether this is a Firefox 3.5 setting, but many of my newsletters appear in my (Outlook Express) Inbox as messages with attached HTM files. Previously, I used to click on the message entry in OE and the newsletter would automatically appear in Firefox, For a few weeks now, they have just opened as emails, with the HTM attachment showing. When I then double-click on the attachment, they open in Firefox!

Is there anything I need to change (now at Firefox 3.5.2) so that they open automatically when clicking on the line in OE?

Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='788036' date='08-Aug-2009 00:51']Previously, I used to click on the message entry in OE and the newsletter would automatically appear in Firefox, For a few weeks now, they have just opened as emails, with the HTM attachment showing. When I then double-click on the attachment, they open in Firefox![/quote]
    I don't use Outlook Express, so I think it's odd that the program previously automatically launched an attachment without your double-clicking the attachment. Can you try a few things to see whether the change was in Firefox, Outlook Express, or your newsletter? For example, temporarily change your default browser to IE and see whether the attachments launch automatically. Re-open some old newsletters to see whether their behavior has changed. Etc.

Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='788063' date='08-Aug-2009 15:50']Re-open some old newsletters to see whether their behaviour has changed. Etc.[/quote]
    That was a good pointer, Jefferson!

I sorted my newsletters folder in Outlook Express on the From field, and noticed that all the WServerNews newsletters up to and including 19/06/2009 did not have an attachment icon shown, whereas all those from 26/06/2009 to date do have an attachment icon shown. The former open straight up in the browser when you click on them.

The same applies to WXPNews and to VistaNews, both with slightly different dates. So they have changed their delivery mechanism towards the end of June, but if they made an announcement, I missed it...

Thanks for the pointer!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...