Thread: Private Sub

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a few macro's as Private sub's as I do not want them to appear in the Tools > Macro > Macro's drop down. However, it appears that I cannot call a private sub from another private sub. Is there a way around this?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm guilty of asking, before searching (again).

A little searching turned up:

Inside the same module, this should work, but you cannot call a private sub in another module. I would prefer the modules to stay seperated. A suggested workaround is to use "Option Private Module" at the top which gives the same result. I hope not to run into any other issues here.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='VegasNath' post='788192' date='09-Aug-2009 18:30']I'm guilty of asking, before searching (again).

A little searching turned up:

Inside the same module, this should work, but you cannot call a private sub in another module. I would prefer the modules to stay seperated. A suggested workaround is to use "Option Private Module" at the top which gives the same result. I hope not to run into any other issues here.[/quote]

To allow procedures to be called from another module yet not appear in the macro list I add an optional argument such as:
    Code:
     Public Sub myProcedure(Optional Abort As Boolean)
    Regards
    Don