Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Hello All, and greetings,
    I have and am running JV-16 PowerTools "Registry Tweeker /Cleaner software" v1.9.0.580. After installing their latest update v1.9.0.590 it seems that there is some kind of "bug" in their new update. As it has found some 1300 some odd new "bad" registry entries. Some of which could not be "fixed" or deleted. Being some what cautious of new updates i did a Full backup via Acronis TI-11 (8101) and recovered back to v1.9.0.580. Don't know if this is on my "OS" only or others as well , (macecraft's forum has started reporting problems from others as well.) so if you have this software proceed with caution (do a backup) if you install the update . And no system restore won't help you if you do! (tried it) and after JV-16 won't run. Regards
    PS.
    TI-11 8101
    HP pavilion Desktop (aprox 2yrs old)
    Vista home premium SP-2
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Just Plain Fred' post='788193' date='09-Aug-2009 18:49']Hello All, and greetings,
    I have and am running JV-16 PowerTools "Registry Tweeker /Cleaner software" v1.9.0.580. After installing their latest update v1.9.0.590 it seems that there is some kind of "bug" in their new update. As it has found some 1300 some odd new "bad" registry entries. Some of which could not be "fixed" or deleted. Being some what cautious of new updates i did a Full backup via Acronis TI-11 (8101) and recovered back to v1.9.0.580. Don't know if this is on my "OS" only or others as well , (macecraft's forum has started reporting problems from others as well.) so if you have this software proceed with caution (do a backup) if you install the update . And no system restore won't help you if you do! (tried it) and after JV-16 won't run. Regards
    PS.
    TI-11 8101
    HP pavilion Desktop (aprox 2yrs old)
    Vista home premium SP-2[/quote]

It's working fine for me, and that includes Microsoft 7. I'll keep an eye out for trouble, though.