Thread: Folders Views

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Greetings,

When I open the Documents folder, set Views to Details, click Pictures then click a folder in Pictures and change to Large Icons then click Documents the view for Documents reverts to Details. This occurs despite the fact that I have checked Remember Each folder's view settings in folder options. What is going on? I would like each folder to remember the settings I chose.

Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='SamStamport' post='788417' date='11-Aug-2009 08:05']When I open the Documents folder, set Views to Details, click Pictures then click a folder in Pictures and change to Large Icons then click Documents the view for Documents reverts to Details. This occurs despite the fact that I have checked Remember Each folder's view settings in folder options. What is going on? I would like each folder to remember the settings I chose.[/quote]

Welcome to the Lounge!

You posted that you set the view on the Documents folder to details, went to a different folder set a different view and went back to the Documents folder and it was still details. Unless I'm misreading, that is as it should be.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Open Windows Explorer.Click the dropdown menu under Organize. Under Folder and search options, click the View tab. Set the view to what you want. Then click the button "apply To Folders or All folders. Then it will be the same everywhere/

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Greetings,

Can I add the "Date Modified" to the folder templates and then apply to all folders of that type?

Explorer
    Music
    View
    More
    Add date modifiied to headings
    Save the settings
    Apply to all

The above works for a single folder but I have too many,

I need to take same steps with the templates