5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I run the Secunia.com scan it says that the Adobe Flash Player needs to be updated. I've run the update several times and after rebooting the Secunia scan still says it needs to be updated.

Any idea what I should do to make the update work?

Thanks
    Bill

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BillWilson' post='788533' date='11-Aug-2009 20:35']When I run the Secunia.com scan it says that the Adobe Flash Player needs to be updated. I've run the update several times and after rebooting the Secunia scan still says it needs to be updated.

Any idea what I should do to make the update work?

Thanks
    Bill[/quote]

1) uninstall Flash Player
    2) get from ADOBE the flash player cleaner(uninstaller) and run it.
    3) reinstall Flash Player

Adam

Thanks
    [quote name='BillWilson' post='788533' date='11-Aug-2009 17:35']When I run the Secunia.com scan it says that the Adobe Flash Player needs to be updated. I've run the update several times and after rebooting the Secunia scan still says it needs to be updated.

Any idea what I should do to make the update work?[/quote]
    In addition to the above, take note of the specific location of the Flash player in the Secunia report. If you see it in the c:\i386 folder, for example, that is an old archival copy that can't be uninstalled automatically and is unlikely to be executed in the ordinary course (e.g., browsers do not use the player in that folder).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    On my PCs, Secunia objected to a specific file that was left behind from an earlier installation of Flash. I had to manually delete the file it identified in it's report (C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='KerteszAdam' post='788535' date='11-Aug-2009 21:00']1) uninstall Flash Player
    2) get from ADOBE the flash player cleaner(uninstaller) and run it.
    3) reinstall Flash Player

Adam[/quote]
    OK, I've finally had a chance to do that and it worked as expected. My Flash Player is in good shape again.

It turned out that I didn't have any problem is the i386 folder either. I did download and run the uninstaller to make sure things were cleaned up.

Thanks to all of you.
    Bill