New Lounger
    Thanks
    Depending on whether I have checked or unchecked Word’s “Confirm file format conversion on open” setting, I get different results using OneNote's “Send to Word.” The page in Word shows either Normal style or Normal (Web) style. I am using Vista Home Premium.

Could someone please try to reproduce the steps below to see if you get the same results as I do? In other words, is the behavior reproducible by others or unique to my installation?

When following the steps, be sure to close Word after changing the “Confirm file format…” option since the change does not take effect until the next time Word opens.

Type some text on a OneNote page.

CONDITION 1
    In Word, uncheck “Confirm file format conversion on open” (Word Options > Advanced > General). (Close Word.) From OneNote, “Send to Microsoft Office Word” opens Word with the sent page showing. The style is Normal.

CONDITION 2
    In Word, check “Confirm file format conversion on open.” (Close Word.) From OneNote, “Send to Microsoft Office Word” opens Word’s “Convert File” window [See Note below], which says the conversion will be from a “Single File Web Page.” Word opens without any ribbon (strange behavior in itself, but not the issue here). If I save the file and re-open it, it now opens normally, but the style is Normal (Web).

Note: The “Convert File” window does not come to the top if OneNote or other windows cover it, so you may need to locate it using Alt+tab.

Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Office 2007 isn't very popular yet, and as far as I know, there aren't many OneNote users here, so your question may remain unanswered. Sorry about that!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, this is normal, I am an avid user of One Note 2007, it is the most underrated Office App.

[quote name='graeme2' post='788567' date='12-Aug-2009 04:28']Depending on whether I have checked or unchecked Word’s “Confirm file format conversion on open” setting, I get different results using OneNote's “Send to Word.” The page in Word shows either Normal style or Normal (Web) style. I am using Vista Home Premium.

Could someone please try to reproduce the steps below to see if you get the same results as I do? In other words, is the behavior reproducible by others or unique to my installation?

When following the steps, be sure to close Word after changing the “Confirm file format…” option since the change does not take effect until the next time Word opens.

Type some text on a OneNote page.

CONDITION 1
    In Word, uncheck “Confirm file format conversion on open” (Word Options > Advanced > General). (Close Word.) From OneNote, “Send to Microsoft Office Word” opens Word with the sent page showing. The style is Normal.

CONDITION 2
    In Word, check “Confirm file format conversion on open.” (Close Word.) From OneNote, “Send to Microsoft Office Word” opens Word’s “Convert File” window [See Note below], which says the conversion will be from a “Single File Web Page.” Word opens without any ribbon (strange behavior in itself, but not the issue here). If I save the file and re-open it, it now opens normally, but the style is Normal (Web).

Note: The “Convert File” window does not come to the top if OneNote or other windows cover it, so you may need to locate it using Alt+tab.

Thanks for your help.[/quote]

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Using Vista Home Premium and Student and Home Edition 2007, I had NO issues including the Ribbon Bars were there in both cases

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.