5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd like to load some scenarios in a sheet; problem is that some fields will have to be calculated with a goal-seek. Is that possible without programming or would my best choice be to use VBA (which isn't a problem for me but I'm don't want to program something that's already out there)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Can you provide a more detailed description of what you want to accomplish?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='788603' date='12-Aug-2009 15:20']Can you provide a more detailed description of what you want to accomplish?[/quote]

We are developing a sheet that has many formulas in there. For some parts, we have to use a goal seek to be able to find the right intermediate results. Basically, the intended sheet would have 4-10 cells where we can input different parameter-values and then we now manually do the goal-seek (in another sheet) to allow us to get an additional input value. This will lead to results which show in several cells.

We are exploring input sensitivity to parameters and have been "playing" a lot manually, changing input cells to see what the impact would be on the calculated results. It struck me 30 mins ago that (1) using Excel scenarios, we could fix different conditions and see impact of them quicker and in a summary report automatically and (2) that I could also calculate/program the goal seek.

Before I go that route, I'm simply exploring the (im-)possibilities here. Regretfully, I cannot share any of the sheets but I hope this does clarify a bit.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you want to perform sensitivity analysis, you might want to look into Monte Carlo simulations - search Google (or Bing if you prefer) for excel monte carlo.

Thanks
    [quote name='ErikJan' post='788599' date='12-Aug-2009 07:08']I'd like to load some scenarios in a sheet; problem is that some fields will have to be calculated with a goal-seek. Is that possible without programming or would my best choice be to use VBA (which isn't a problem for me but I'm don't want to program something that's already out there)[/quote]
    I think I'd use Solver. You can save Solver scenarios.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile