3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For some unknown reason, the text book that contains the title of a report isn't showing up in printed copy of a Word 2007 file (in either Adobe or Word format), but it does appear in the electronic copy. I've no idea what the problem might be. Note that I can see the textbook field in the document, but that only the last two letters of the title appear. I'll see if I can attach an adobe example. I am using a draft watermark but I don't see how/why this would interfere with the text box. I pasted the textbook into a new Word file and it appears just fine, so there must be some sort of page setting in the master document that is interfering with the text in the textbox. Not sure what it could be.

Also, there's a vertical border line to the left of table in a printed copy (both from Adobe and Word) of report, but this border line doesn't appear in the electroinc copy. I've checked the table properties and no borders are active for either the page or the table, so I've no idea how to remove this line. I've accepted all changes to the document, but that hasn't worked. I attached an abode example as example 2. When I center the table instead of left align it,the left border line dissapears

Note that these are two Word files I'm troubleshooting.

Any advice folks have would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It would be more helpful if you attached (a stripped down copy of) the Word document.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    here you go- the first problem/example in Word form.
    I solved the 2nd one by centering and then left aligning once again the table. Word 2007 is quite flakey, it seems.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='788660' date='12-Aug-2009 18:42']here you go- the first problem/example in Word form.
    I solved the 2nd one by centering and then left aligning once again the table. Word 2007 is quite flakey, it seems.[/quote]
    I just printed your document to PDF from Word 2003 and he text box came out fine.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    it doesn't on any version I print out

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    ahh, nevermind. The problem is that I wasn't saving the Word file as PDF using the Save as method, but was intead choosing Adobe PDF from the Print>Printer options. That must result in some flakiness of some sort. Can anyone confirm or lend any insight on this point?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='788680' date='12-Aug-2009 19:35']ahh, nevermind. The problem is that I wasn't saving the Word file as PDF using the Save as method, but was intead choosing Adobe PDF from the Print>Printer options. That must result in some flakiness of some sort. Can anyone confirm or lend any insight on this point?[/quote]

I used Word's print menu to successfully print this to the Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional printer. What PDF software were you using?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Adobe