Thread: Java update

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I received a notice saying an update was available for Sun Java. I clicked the link and tried to download it. It failed, several times. Each tim I got an Error 25099 error, Unzipping core files failed. Then a Java Help window opened telling me a workaround. I was told to remove all older versions of Java and stop the process jqs.exe. I have checked and doublechecked and I have no versions of Java installed any more and jqs.exe is not running. I have tried rebooting and downloading the Java file from java.com but still get the same error message each time. Any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='philkiwi' post='788745' date='13-Aug-2009 00:40']I received a notice saying an update was available for Sun Java. I clicked the link and tried to download it. It failed, several times.[/quote]
    Not sure what version, but my machine just did a java update the day before yesterday, so I would guess it's not "bad code" or the like. The usual questions apply in cases like this: have you tried an AV and malware scan of the drive to see how things are?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='788772' date='14-Aug-2009 00:44']Not sure what version, but my machine just did a java update the day before yesterday, so I would guess it's not "bad code" or the like. The usual questions apply in cases like this: have you tried an AV and malware scan of the drive to see how things are?[/quote]

I have run NAV and Spyware Doctor, only a couple of minor cookies found and removed. I disabled NAV and tried to install again, same result, Error 25099 error, Unzipping core files failed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='philkiwi' post='788896' date='13-Aug-2009 17:59']I have run NAV and Spyware Doctor, only a couple of minor cookies found and removed. I disabled NAV and tried to install again, same result, Error 25099 error, Unzipping core files failed.[/quote]
    I can't think of anything else except maybe a download and re-try from your local machine. Perhaps it's something in the "live downloading" process.

Download Free Java Software - Sun Microsystems

There is also something about your problem here:

Error: 25099 during Java installation

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='788898' date='14-Aug-2009 00:06']There is also something about your problem here:

Error: 25099 during Java installation[/quote]
    Al, I think that's what Phil described in the first post in this topic but didn't work: remove older versions and terminate jqs.exe.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='788899' date='14-Aug-2009 11:06']Does the suggestion by Jerry_Jr in Java Install / Autoupdate - Error 25099. Unzipping core files failed. I dont know what this means. help?[/quote]

Yes, I tried Jerry_Jr's suggestion of changing the destination folder and it seems it was successful. Thank you. But why does Sun Microsytems make life so difficult? Why don't they put this information in their Help window which you get when you click on the link for their error 25099? All they say is to remove older versions and make sure jqs.exe is not running. Not helpful.