New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been getting error messages on startup regarding Rundll32.exe that says "phoquxa.dll" is an invalid windows apllication. Does anyone have an idea of what's wrong and how to fix it?
    Thank you.

Thanks
    [quote name='Rhyme' post='788822' date='13-Aug-2009 17:47']I have been getting error messages on startup regarding Rundll32.exe that says "phoquxa.dll" is an invalid windows apllication. Does anyone have an idea of what's wrong and how to fix it?
    Thank you.[/quote]
    It looks somewhat suspicious. Try downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (use the Download Free Version blue button at the left), install it, go to the Update tab, and Click on the Check For Updates button. Once it's finishes updating, click on the Scanner tab, then on the Scan button. It will take about ten minutes (depending on how fast your computer is, how much data you have on the disks, and so on) and you should get some information about whether or not you have a virus.

What antivirus do you use, by the way, and is it up-to-date?
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    [quote name='Rhyme' post='788822' date='13-Aug-2009 12:47']I have been getting error messages on startup regarding Rundll32.exe that says "phoquxa.dll" is an invalid windows apllication. Does anyone have an idea of what's wrong and how to fix it?
    Thank you.[/quote]
    I agree with BATcher. Rather ominous.
    I searched all of my XP partition for that DLL and it didn't find anything.
    Also a Google search didn't find it.
    Recommend running Malwarebytes and Anti-virus progs.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    [quote name='Rhyme' post='788822' date='13-Aug-2009 12:47']I have been getting error messages on startup regarding Rundll32.exe that says "phoquxa.dll" is an invalid windows apllication. Does anyone have an idea of what's wrong and how to fix it?
    Thank you.[/quote]

I also would get AUTORUNS. It will show all of your startup files and you can uncheck the box and disable that item if you find it.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use a purchased copy of AVG. It is currently up-to-date, although scans doesn't seem to eliminate the problem.
    Update: viking33, your suggestion appeared to have worked. Autoruns identified the dll and I deleted it.
    Thanks for your help, viking33 and BATcher.

Thanks
    [quote name='Rhyme' post='788927' date='14-Aug-2009 03:52']I use a purchased copy of AVG. It is currently up-to-date, although scans doesn't seem to eliminate the problem.
    Update: viking33, your suggestion appeared to have worked. Autoruns identified the dll and I deleted it.
    Thanks for your help, viking33 and BATcher.[/quote]
    I'm glad you got rid of the individual DLL - but are there any other suspicious programs lying around? I would suggest you run the suggested Malwarebytes scanner, as another string to your bow.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay. I'll do that.