Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Now that I have gone to Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine, I find that some of my good old tools do not work with Win7 and/or 64 bit.

I have running HomeSite 5.5 on my XP machine (still am), but would like a similar program that will run on the above.
    HomeSite has been discontinued as well as FrontPage which is OK, but I like HomeSite much better. I have a version 1 of Microsoft Expression Web, but what I have played with it just has to MUCH stuff included.

All I want is a clean editor, that has the "Text" mode and the "WYSUWIG".
    I see that on a Google search there are many but, I would like to hear from some satisfied users.
    I do not mind spending some money, so they do not need to be FREE.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    If you like to try out immature open source technologies, check out KompoZer, a distant relative of Netscape Composer. Maybe it will blossom into something great?

Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='788829' date='13-Aug-2009 18:10']If you like to try out immature open source technologies, check out KompoZer, a distant relative of Netscape Composer. Maybe it will blossom into something great?[/quote]
    I use KompoZer at home rather than the spectacularly-expensive Dreamweaver to maintain a specific webpage. It works. It generates pretty poor HTML (IMHO), but that HTML still works! I am despairing of an update from the two-year-old 0.7.10 version. So an unenthusiastic recommendation.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Or you could try HTML-kit at http://www.chami.com/html-kit . I haven't used it for some years, but it always seemed solid enough to me.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='788826' date='13-Aug-2009 13:03']I have running HomeSite 5.5 on my XP machine (still am), but would like a similar program that will run on the above.
    HomeSite has been discontinued[/quote]
    It seems like the time for you to dump HomeSite altogether. If you do, although I'm an amateur at web design, I'd recommend CoffeeCup Software.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='788826' date='14-Aug-2009 05:03']Now that I have gone to Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine, I find that some of my good old tools do not work with Win7 and/or 64 bit.

I have running HomeSite 5.5 on my XP machine (still am)[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. I still use Homesite with Vista on my 64 bit machine without problems. I have tried various alternatives, but I keep going back to Homesite.
    Regards
    John

Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='788843' date='13-Aug-2009 11:56']I am despairing of an update from the two-year-old 0.7.10 version.[/quote]
    On the download page, they offer an *UNSTABLE* alpha (their words), in case you want to give it a spin.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Dave,

Take a look at Namo WebEditor. It's been around for years, works near flawlessly, creates clean and uncluttered code and has just about anything you would want without it being complicated. You can download and try it for free for 30 days.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='788913' date='14-Aug-2009 00:28']On the download page, they offer an *UNSTABLE* alpha (their words), in case you want to give it a spin. [/quote]
    Yes - I saw that, but an unstable alpha is not really what you want, unless you're 'just playing'...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='788921' date='13-Aug-2009 20:08']Take a look at Namo WebEditor. It's been around for years, works near flawlessly, creates clean and uncluttered code and has just about anything you would want without it being complicated. You can download and try it for free for 30 days.[/quote]
    Hmmm, that looks like one that is worth a try. In spite of the fact that I've used Coffee Cup for some time now ($49), this one looks like one that I'll play with for a month to see what it does. Although the site lists the price at $99, Amazon shows it at about $66. Thanks for mentioning it!

(The GUI is a little unusual in the "command line" and it took me awhile to find the "Namo Button" for a file, open command!)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    OK, I have installed " HTML-kit " and it seems to be some what I am looking for. I will give it a try, but by all means this not the Perfect editor either.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='788997' date='15-Aug-2009 00:50']OK, I have installed " HTML-kit " and it seems to be some what I am looking for. I will give it a try, but by all means this not the Perfect editor either.[/quote]
    I don't know what constitutes "perfect" in this case, but you might consider also EasyHtml. I've found it good for my basic purposes.

Alan