Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Lounger
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I recently setup a new user for one of my databases. During the training session, Reports were not working. I have had well over 100 users of this same database, so I know that the database has no issues. I then tried to edit the report, but was unable. To further debug the problem, I created a new database, imported a simple Excel spreadsheet, and created a new report. The report creation aborted before running the report (or even saving it). Everything else runs fine (Queries, Macros, etc.). I checked the "Options", but did not see anything unusual (the setup appeared to be the same as my computer). Any ideas?

    BTW, this is MS Access 2003.

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Try Help | Detect and Repair... from within Access.

  3. #3
    Lounger
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote name='HansV' post='788854' date='13-Aug-2009 15:22']Try Help | Detect and Repair... from within Access.[/quote]

    "Detect and Repair" did not work. We then uninstalled & re-installed MS Access. This did not correct the problem either. Any other ideas?

  4. #4
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    84,353
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
    [quote name='jerry6977' post='789732' date='19-Aug-2009 15:22']"Detect and Repair" did not work. We then uninstalled & re-installed MS Access. This did not correct the problem either. Any other ideas?[/quote]
    That's not good. I've encountered such a situation only once; the IT department had to reinstall the PC from scratch AND create a new user profile for the user to make Access work correctly...

  5. #5
    Lounger
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Frankly, that is what I suggested that this user might need to do. I have asked our IT specialists to investigate the problem, but I don't expect a 'good' solution. I was hoping that someone here might have seen this problem, and have a workable solution.

    Thanks for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •