2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have added a comboBox to my Ribbon with about 10 items. When the Ribbon is displayed, the field is empty (no item is selected). When the user
    selects an item from the comboBox, I want to reset the comboBox back to unselected.

I tried looking for code samples for doing this, but couldn't find one that works. I am still learning how to dynamically update the ribbon.

Thanks for any help!
    Bob
    Writing Consultant / Word Template Designer
    Words Connect

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='robertoluna' post='789017' date='14-Aug-2009 12:08']I have added a comboBox to my Ribbon with about 10 items. When the Ribbon is displayed, the field is empty (no item is selected). When the user
    selects an item from the comboBox, I want to reset the comboBox back to unselected.

I tried looking for code samples for doing this, but couldn't find one that works. I am still learning how to dynamically update the ribbon.

Thanks for any help!
    Bob[/quote]
    Bob,

fwiw, I took a stab at this, but no luck - I would have thought Invalidating either the Ribbon or an individual control (whether tab, group, or comboBox) would have done the trick, but it doesn't....

Gary

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Gary Frieder' post='789649' date='18-Aug-2009 16:00']Bob,

fwiw, I took a stab at this, but no luck - I would have thought Invalidating either the Ribbon or an individual control (whether tab, group, or comboBox) would have done the trick, but it doesn't....

Gary[/quote]

Well, thanks for trying. :-D Thinking about it, maybe what I need to do is switch the controls to a menu instead. That might fit the purpose okay.

Bob
    Writing Consultant / Word Template Designer
    Words Connect