New Lounger
    Thanks
    After downloading updates from Microsoft my computer would turn itself on from the sleep mode. The computer does not come on when shut down. I went through Dell support and after several tries to resolve the problem took the computer back to factory settings. The computer stayed in the sleep mode for a day without coming on. I then updated Vista and as soon as all updates were installed the problem returned.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='crcn84' post='789059' date='14-Aug-2009 18:22']After downloading updates from Microsoft my computer would turn itself on from the sleep mode. The computer does not come on when shut down. I went through Dell support and after several tries to resolve the problem took the computer back to factory settings. The computer stayed in the sleep mode for a day without coming on. I then updated Vista and as soon as all updates were installed the problem returned.[/quote]

Welcome to the Lounge!!

Have you checked You may experience power management-related symptoms on a computer that is running Windows Vista and How to troubleshoot performance issues with standby, hibernate, and resume in Windows Vista?

BTW, which version of Vista are you running?
    What service pack is installed?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='789067' date='14-Aug-2009 21:45']Welcome to the Lounge!!

Have you checked You may experience power management-related symptoms on a computer that is running Windows Vista and How to troubleshoot performance issues with standby, hibernate, and resume in Windows Vista?

BTW, which version of Vista are you running?
    What service pack is installed?

Joe[/quote]
    I`m running Vista home Premium, with service pack 2 installed. I`ll check those posts. Thanks

Thanks
    [quote name='crcn84' post='789260' date='16-Aug-2009 20:19']I`m running Vista home Premium, with service pack 2 installed. I`ll check those posts. Thanks[/quote]
    What Dell computer do you have?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions