4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For those using Operas Browser - Version 10 Beta 3 is available HERE.

I still find this a useful browser - especially for a few of my family members/friends insisting on using dial-up in lieu of braodband internet access.
    Scott

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    And now Opera 10.0 Release Candidate. The full release is due 1st September.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='790643' date='25-Aug-2009 21:43']And now Opera 10.0 Release Candidate. The full release is due 1st September.[/quote]
    Is there any reason to be cautious and wait for the full release?

Ian

Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='790739' date='26-Aug-2009 05:29']Is there any reason to be cautious and wait for the full release?[/quote]
    An RC usually is near-final code, so as long as you have at least one backup browser, I don't see why you need to wait. (Personally I like to give a browser a couple of bug fix releases before any major upgrades.)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='790739' date='26-Aug-2009 13:29']Is there any reason to be cautious and wait for the full release?

Ian[/quote]

Not really, I've been using betas (and pre-release versions) for ages. Some have been a bit ropy, but the current version is good.

Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='790846' date='26-Aug-2009 21:09']Not really, I've been using betas (and pre-release versions) for ages. Some have been a bit ropy, but the current version is good.[/quote]
    If I install the release candidate now will I have to uninstall it to intsall the final version when it comes out on Tuesday?

Ian

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='790955' date='27-Aug-2009 14:02']If I install the release candidate now will I have to uninstall it to intsall the final version when it comes out on Tuesday?

Ian[/quote]

The release candidate installs as Opera so it installs over your previous installation. If you then install the final then it will install over that (in fact 10.0 has an updater built in that downloads in the background)

Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='790965' date='27-Aug-2009 14:56']The release candidate installs as Opera so it installs over your previous installation. If you then install the final then it will install over that (in fact 10.0 has an updater built in that downloads in the background)[/quote]
    I'll give it a go. What's the difference between the two alternative downloads for Windows called Windows MSI and Windows Classic?

Ian

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='791021' date='27-Aug-2009 20:58']I'll give it a go. What's the difference between the two alternative downloads for Windows called Windows MSI and Windows Classic?

Ian[/quote]

I think the difference is technical - MSI uses the Windows installer while Classic uses the Opera installer. I think there are different options in the install window.

The Opera forums have rabid advocates of both versions, but I always use the MSI (not the CSI - that gets fingerprint dust on my monitor, and I hate that)

Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='791109' date='28-Aug-2009 11:55']I think the difference is technical - MSI uses the Windows installer while Classic uses the Opera installer. I think there are different options in the install window.[/quote]
    Thanks.
    The Opera forums have rabid advocates of both versions, but I always use the MSI (not the CSI - that gets fingerprint dust on my monitor, and I hate that)

Ian

Thanks
    ... and here I am using the new version.

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='791132' date='28-Aug-2009 14:59']... and here I am using the new version.[/quote]
    What a difference!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    A second release candidate for Opera 10 is available from http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2009/...ase-candidate-2

Opera plan to officially release Opera 10 on Tuesday.