Thread: Cricket

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Funny, it just seems these two terms go together

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='789082' date='15-Aug-2009 17:41']Funny, it just seems these two terms go together[/quote]
    Amazing that Switzerland has its own cricket pedigree! Being a bit of an affectionado, I wonder how the low temp and air humidity might affect the swing of the ball (more, less, earlier, later???). Maybe there are particular bowling styles suited to the conditions? Maybe an entirely new style? The Swiss Roll?

Alan

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='789189' date='16-Aug-2009 04:03']Amazing that Switzerland has its own cricket pedigree! Being a bit of an affectionado, I wonder how the low temp and air humidity might affect the swing of the ball (more, less, earlier, later???). Maybe there are particular bowling styles suited to the conditions? Maybe an entirely new style? The Swiss Roll?

Alan[/quote]Don't know Alan, but I promise to let you know next time I happen to see a match but <span title="Spoiler: Highlight to reveal" style='color:#000000;background:#000000;padding:0p x 0.2em;'>[color=#666;margin-right: 0.2em]SPOILER:[/color]don't hold your breath!</span>

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's now an invasion. First it was cricket, now it's kilts!

Watch out for flying cabers