Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I have standard image tags in an HTML document and I'm wanting a javascript onClick command to copy the image (local - not full path) URL to the clipboard. For instance, when the picture referenced by this:
    Code:
    [img]my.gif[/img]
    is clicked, the text "my.gif" go to the clipboard. Sounds simple enough, but I can't find appropriate code anywhere.

Alan

Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='789231' date='16-Aug-2009 06:58']I have standard image tags in an HTML document and I'm wanting a javascript onClick command to copy the image (local - not full path) URL to the clipboard. For instance, when the picture referenced by this:
    Code:
    [img]my.gif[/img]
    is clicked, the text "my.gif" go to the clipboard.[/quote]
    First, what I am about to write works only in IE. Mozilla browsers have a different security model (the clipboard is off limits) and a slightly different DOM.

This retrieves the full path, which is not exactly what is written in the tag:
    Code:
    [img]my.gif[/img]
    This doesn't yield a completely clean string, but it's a start:
    Code:
    [img]my.gif[/img]

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='789262' date='17-Aug-2009 10:33']First, what I am about to write works only in IE. Mozilla browsers have a different security model (the clipboard is off limits) and a slightly different DOM.
    <snip>[/quote]

Thanks Jefferson. I realized that my prehistoric HTML was a bit limiting here and I since discovered the name and id attributes. There are numerous pictures per page (should have said that) so I can generate the HTML with appropriate tags for each image, then just copy the value of the tag to clipboard.

Alan