3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've got a data input range in Excel 2007 that stops at 17-Aug-2009, but my chart adds data points through the end of the year.

How do I stop Excel from adding data to the range?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you really mean data points, or tick marks on the category axis (x-axis)?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Data points on the chart go through 25-Dec-09. But the data (approximately one month apart) end at 17-Aug-09.

I remember this happened in Excel 97 and I think I resolved the issue by changing the date format of the column headers. I may have simply just inserted an apostrophe in front of the date. But there's gotta be a more elegant (menu command) way of fixing this.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm failing to visualize this - could you attach a small sample workbook with dummy data?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry to have taken up your time Hans. One of the months (Dec) in my data set for 2008 was incorrectly labelled 2009. Excel must have put that data set at the end of the range making it appear to me to have added data between today and Dec-09. I didn't notice the mistake until I used =TEXT(N11,"dd-MMM-YYYY") for the column headers and then printed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Glad you found it. Excel by default uses a time scale axis if the category values are dates, so a value in December 2009 will automatically be pushed to the end, even if it is in between earlier dates in the source table.