New Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer Service Pack 2? (Windows 98 SE, Internet Explorer 5.5)

About a month ago I downloaded & installed I.E. Explorer SP 2, or at least I thought I did. When I go to my Control Panel, Add/Remove Properties, it lists Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 and Internet Tools, but no mention of SP 2. In my Internet Explorer folder, I have ie5setup.exe, version 5.50.4807.2300, and iexplore.exe, version 5.51.4807.2300. I also have a readme file for IE SP2. I went to the Microsoft web site, but couldn't find any information that would identify my current version. Can anybody help? Thanx

Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer Service Pack 2? (Windows 98 SE, Internet Explorer 5.

According to
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q164/5/39.ASP>Q164539</A> How to Determine Which Version of Internet Explorer Is Installed
    you appear to have SP2.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer Service Pack 2? (Windows 98 SE, Internet Explorer 5.

Than you for your perfect response. I have 2 furthur questions. 1.) I am planning on reformatting and reloading my harddrive, which will initially bring me back to IE 5. Will backing up my ie5setup.exe file be enough to restore me back to my current version 5.50.4807.2300? 2.) Why does it not indicate SP 2 in Add/remove?