Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    This is strange and I hope won't happen again. I only report it just in case it ever happens to any users here.

When I arise every morning, I start my coffee pot and THEN come to the computer to check my overnight incremental backup. This morning, Internet Explorer showed no incremental files but the Index file was there at 2 am as it's supposed to be. Hmmm...

Opening the SP program showed it as "disconnected" for some strange reason. I know there wasn't a power glitch because of the Index file and I was getting ready to reboot to see if that would fix it. But, I decided to try Task Manager first. I stopped Shadow Protect and went to the Start Menu to restart it. Looking at the GUI it was now connected. It's supposed to run missed jobs at first opportunity but I've never been privvy to that happening. So I watched for a few minutes and nothing happens. It seems you have to click the Execute button and then whatever job was missed will start.

[attachment=85143:2009_08_18_062339.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Unfortunately it DID happen again this morning. Yesterday was fine but this morning when I looked, the incrementals had not run. I started SP expecting to have to use Task Manager again and sure enough, SP did say in the lower left cornet that is was disconnected.

This time however the disconnected changed to active in about 15 seconds or so with no push from me. My three incremental backups started. For some reason, each of the three took several minutes to complete whereas they normally only take seconds to run. I checked Task Manager while they were running and didn't see anything else hogging the system.

I guess it's time I hop over to the SP forum and post or see if I can find an occurrence from anyone else. Heads up.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='789912' date='20-Aug-2009 10:49'][/quote]
    Mine seems to be working happily at present, I'm sorry to say...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I did go to the SP forum and did find a number of threads on the subject of "disconnect." Two of them seemed to apply to my situation. Unfortunately, I did the first one and my backup job has disappeared, as pointed out by other posters. Truth is, I don't even know what the post's suggested commands mean, since I know nothing about registering or un-registering EXE or DLL files.
    The second one seems like what we all had to do when 3.4 came out, but I did it anyway. I'll have to wait and see what happens in the next few days. Since I only have ONE job that does three partitions, full and incremental, it was easy to recreate the job.
    The responder to that post suggests that it might be a security product that is causing the problem. I guess that's possible since Avast and Comodo constantly update. How to resolve the issue is beyond me. I don't hear others chiming in that they also have this problem. One thing for sure, I feel good that at least I check my overnight incremental every morning!

Good On Ya, Mr. BATcher ! ! !