New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I have recently downloaded Partition Manager Express 10 to partition my Buffalo Drivestation external hard drive. I have since discovered this could
    have been done from Disk Management in Vista. However, I now get an error message(see attached) when trying to back up my files to this drive. I have partitioned my
    internal drives in error I dont think there is anything I can do about this? But I want my external drive to work as before? I have tried reformatting but I still get the error message.

Any ideas please???

[attachment=85145:hard_drive.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='ddcity' post='789507' date='18-Aug-2009 07:07']Hi All,

I have recently downloaded Partition Manager Express 10 to partition my Buffalo Drivestation external hard drive. I have since discovered this could
    have been done from Disk Management in Vista. However, I now get an error message(see attached) when trying to back up my files to this drive. I have partitioned my
    internal drives in error I dont think there is anything I can do about this? But I want my external drive to work as before? I have tried reformatting but I still get the error message.

Any ideas please???[/quote]

1.) Which version of Vista?
    2.) What kind of backup?

Also, seeBackup, Restore, Volume Shadow Copy Problems helps.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi joperez,

I am using Vista Business SP1.

It happens when i try to back up files & folders and also if I try a complete PC backup and restore. I also forgot to mention
    my external hard drive has 465GB free.

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='ddcity' post='789530' date='18-Aug-2009 08:46']I am using Vista Business SP1.

It happens when i try to back up files & folders and also if I try a complete PC backup and restore. I also forgot to mention my external hard drive has 465GB free.[/quote]

According to the link I posted the problem is not with the backup drive but with a partition you are trying to backup. You must have enough room on the partition(s) that you backup to create a shadow copy. Please read the thread I linked.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Not sure if this is your issue or not, but I've gotten that same message when I've tried to copy a file larger than 2 GB to a FAT32 formatted drive.