Thread: Track changes

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I would like to publish a document containing vertical lines in the margins (using "track changes"), but not show any other changes or markups. I have tried many things, but either I get the lines and also showing the changes or I get the final document without vertical lines.

The purpose is to show the reader where changes are made, but not what is changed.

I use Word 2003.

Hope someone can help me.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

There is no really good way to do this in Word, since the way tracked changes are displayed depends on the user's settings; it is not a property of the document. Susan Barnhill's reply in Adding change bars to text describes a way to show only change bars, but it would not affect the way other users see your document.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='789541' date='18-Aug-2009 15:19']Welcome to the Lounge!

There is no really good way to do this in Word, since the way tracked changes are displayed depends on the user's settings; it is not a property of the document. Susan Barnhill's reply in Adding change bars to text describes a way to show only change bars, but it would not affect the way other users see your document.[/quote]

Thanks a lot :-)

That was just what I needed. I distribute the document as pdf file, so I am sure that everybody gets the layout I want (including vertical lines).

Thanks again.