5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A real dilemma, but I have two questions:

1. Why are Canajuns drinking US beer?
    2. You really don't like "Lite" beer, do you?

Thanks
    Real Canajuns don't drink U.S. beer, let alone LITE U.S. Beer.
    Regards,

NotQuite, Not So Damp In Lotus Land

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='789627' date='18-Aug-2009 16:49']A real dilemma, but I have two questions:

1. Why are Canajuns drinking US beer?
    2. You really don't like "Lite" beer, do you?[/quote]
    I like lite beer a lot, mostly because I'm 20 pounds overweight and every calorie saved is meaningful to me. I LOVE beer, lite or not, wherever it comes from, Canada, USA, Europe, Netherlands, etc.

This comment at the bottom of the story is kinda appropriate:
    We all know it is totally irresponsible journalism to make it sound like every Torontonian is in a tizzy over the ads. The controversy started because of one woman from a suburb of Toronto was offended, and the Star published it. The vast majority of people found it funny and we're all fully aware of the disdain plenty of west-coasters feel for us. Trust me, a few people may have been offended, but this is blown way out of proportion and you seem to be trying to incite an east/west coast argument. It's a cute ad that's playfully mean. We're over it.

Thanks
    Oh, come on! I thought we had resolved this Canadian beer vs. US tap water nonsense.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    Is proper beer produced outside the UK?
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='789679' date='19-Aug-2009 04:59']Is proper beer produced outside the UK?[/quote]Is proper beer produced inside the UK?

OK, having a choice between an ice-cold 'lite' US beer and a dark cloudy room temperature 'real-ale' would be no contest. <span title="Spoiler: Highlight to reveal" style='color:#000000;background:#000000;padding:0p x 0.2em;'>[color=#666;margin-right: 0.2em]SPOILER:[/color]Real Ale forever!!!</span>

Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='789679' date='19-Aug-2009 00:59']Is proper beer produced outside the UK?[/quote]

My first exposure to British beer was a number of years ago, while in the U.S. Navy, our ship pulled into the Royal Navy Shipyard ( now called the Dockyard ) in Bermuda. Having a few hours "liberty" that night, we were invited to hoist a few in Hamilton, by some of the English Navy seamen stationed there. We borrowed a small launch and sailed over the bay to town and found the small bar a block or so off Front Street, the main street in town. There we sat down an looked forward to the "real" brew being offered by our new buddies. GAHHGG, GASP! First and last time to drink pe*warm beer!

I am not a big beer drinker, preferring a cocktail or good wine but if I DO have beer\ale it will be Sam Adams, in a cool frosty glass.
    Available in the Boston and New England areas. I don't know how far it's distributed?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    British beer is not warm, English beer is warm!!

Scottish beer is best served cold, but not icy, and guiness won't have a proper head if it's warm.
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='789802' date='19-Aug-2009 19:51']English beer is warm!![/quote]Actually English beer is at room temperature (or a little colder because it should come up from the cellar). Room temperature in England can be quite cold ...!!! My in-laws wear jumpers and cardigans even in the summer time, for a reason ...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Even in England I thought that lager was served cold and bitter (?) was served at room
    temperature.

When I was in England I was at a friend's place when he discovered that his wife had put his bitter in the fridge. That was almost grounds for divorce.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='gwhitfield' post='789860' date='20-Aug-2009 00:55']Even in England I thought that lager was served cold and bitter (?) was served at room
    temperature.

When I was in England I was at a friend's place when he discovered that his wife had put his bitter in the fridge. That was almost grounds for divorce.[/quote]

Lager is served cold, but most Britons wouldn't refer to lager as beer. Beer has to be brown

Although, a boyfriend of my daughter's refers to everything alcoholic in a can as "beer" - even cider!!
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)