New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I launch Outlook it runs the install program each time and sometimes runs it and fails to launch. I had this same problem over a year ago and MS support spent hours repairing it and it has run fine until recently. Originally Access displayed the same behavior, but it is solid now. Secondly, if OL launches into anything except MAIL when I click on MAIL it reruns the install.

I have unistalled, run repair, pulled out my hair ... but nothing seems to help. Weirdly when Windows update runs unattended it shuts down OL and upon reboot it opens OL with no problem.

Clues anyone?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    That sounds like a damaged installation of Office 2007. Try uninstalling it, then reinstalling it.
    You may not be able to remove Office 2007 through the Add or Remove Programs control panel; if so, see How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans,
    I've done this full procedure twice before and within days the problem recurs. As an added bonus now the launching of OL sometimes brings with it a "Windows Explorer has failed; do you wish to restart or wait for it to respond". Waiting never ends so I restart, sometimes 2 or 3 times, then all is fine until OL must be restarted again.

[quote name='HansV' post='789688' date='19-Aug-2009 06:43']That sounds like a damaged installation of Office 2007. Try uninstalling it, then reinstalling it.
    You may not be able to remove Office 2007 through the Add or Remove Programs control panel; if so, see How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I hope someone else will have a better suggestion than mine.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='hhdelk' post='789720' date='19-Aug-2009 07:01']Thanks Hans,
    I've done this full procedure twice before and within days the problem recurs. As an added bonus now the launching of OL sometimes brings with it a "Windows Explorer has failed; do you wish to restart or wait for it to respond". Waiting never ends so I restart, sometimes 2 or 3 times, then all is fine until OL must be restarted again.[/quote]

Have you created a new mail profile?
    Do you have any third part Outlook addons?
    Have you tried running system file checker for the Windows Explorer failure (sfc.exe /scannow)?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response.

Only addon (now removed/unistalled) was Google Calendar synchronizer.
    Ran sfc numerous times; shows no problems
    Not sure what you mean by "have created new mail profile", but apparently have not done so.

[quote name='joeperez' post='789733' date='19-Aug-2009 14:25']Have you created a new mail profile?
    Do you have any third part Outlook addons?
    Have you tried running system file checker for the Windows Explorer failure (sfc.exe /scannow)?

Joe[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Go to Control Panel (in Windows).
    Open the Mail control panel.
    Click Show Profiles...
    You can create a new profile here. It can point to the existing .pst file(s).