Office. I created a document in Word which I saved in the
    old .doc format and want to email it to someone who is using an old version
    of Word.

However, I can not find this document when I try to attach it
    to an email message (either in my email program [Eudora] or when I try
    to send it from my Earthlink web mail account). It does not
    appear in my documents file.

Could the problem be caused by the fact that I'm using a trial version
    of Word 2007? Or is there some other explanation?

Thanks.

Ginger's Dad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

If you start Word, is the document that you created listed in the menu that appears when you click the big Office button?
    If so, reopen the document, then click the Office button again and select Save As.
    Take good note of the folder in which you save the document. You should be able to find it there for attaching it to an e-mail.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've saved the document in "Documents," but it doesn't show up in the Documents file when I
    try to attach it to an email. Frustrating!

Thanks
    [quote name='GingersDad' post='789791' date='19-Aug-2009 10:22']I've saved the document in "Documents," but it doesn't show up in the Documents file when I try to attach it to an email. Frustrating![/quote]
    Sometimes files are displayed in a peculiar order in a file picker dialog. If you change the display in that dialog so that you get the column headings and then click a heading to sort by name or modified date, does that help in locating the file?

Another possibility is to use Windows Explorer or My Computer to locate the file, right-click and Copy it, then click in your email message, right-click and Paste. I'm not sure Eudora supports that, but it might. I'm pretty sure you could not use that method with a message you're viewing in a browser.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='GingersDad' post='789677' date='19-Aug-2009 05:09']However, I can not find this document when I try to attach it
    to an email message (either in my email program [Eudora] or when I try
    to send it from my Earthlink web mail account). It does not
    appear in my documents file.[/quote]

If Eudora is set as the default Mail program in Internet Properties, you should be able to use the File | Mail To option to create a new mail message with it attached.

If you go to Recent Documents, is the document listed there? If you're using Vista, there is a right click option to 'open file location' which should locate the file in its folder.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Gfamily' post='789849' date='19-Aug-2009 18:47']If Eudora is set as the default Mail program in Internet Properties, you should be able to use the File | Mail To option to create a new mail message with it attached.

If you go to Recent Documents, is the document listed there? If you're using Vista, there is a right click option to 'open file location' which should locate the file in its folder.[/quote]

I partially solved the problem. I finally figured out how to save the document in my Documents file.

However, I have not been able to set Eudora as my default mail program. When I go into Set Your Default Programs I see a list of mostly Microsoft products (although
    Firefox is in there) but Eudora is not listed.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='GingersDad' post='789870' date='19-Aug-2009 21:00']I partially solved the problem. I finally figured out how to save the document in my Documents file.

However, I have not been able to set Eudora as my default mail program. When I go into Set Your Default Programs I see a list of mostly Microsoft products (although
    Firefox is in there) but Eudora is not listed.[/quote]

I've now fixed the default mail program. Somebody on another list pointed me to the solution. You can find it here

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    May I gently suggest that you employ one of the benefits of Word 2007, especially given that it is a trial, and save the file in PDF format?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='peterg' post='789878' date='20-Aug-2009 00:38']May I gently suggest that you employ one of the benefits of Word 2007, especially given that it is a trial, and save the file in PDF format?[/quote]

Thanks, but in this case the person I sent the file to wanted it in the old .doc format.