Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi again

I have to use data from an ODBC table, append to another table and fill in the blanks manually using a form.
    This is not a problem.
    When I run the query to pull the ODBC data again, the table is overwritten and the manual data is lost .

So Ideally, can I save the current record ( on the form ) into another table for safe keeping?

How could I do this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could store the extra information in a second table with a one-to-one relationship with the table you get from the ODBC query.
    You'd need a field from the main table that will be preserved when it is overwritten as link field.

For data entry in the second table, you could use a subform of the form bound to the main table. As soon as you start entering data in the subform, the link field would be filled in automatically.
    When the main table is overwritten, the second table will not be affected, and as long as the link field remains the same, the data in the two tables will be in sync.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans

You don't have a very quick example do you so I can study it?
    I think my whole database is incorrect, perhaps looking at aneample would help me along.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply, I was away for the evening.

Here's a little example. There are two tables: tblODBCData (corresponding to the table that you import) and tblExtraData (to store the additional information).
    The form based on tblODBCData has a subform based on tblExtraData, so you can enter data in tblExtraData while looking at the existing information in tblODBCData. The additional information is stored in tblExtraData, not in tblODBCData, so even if tblODBCData is overwritten, the additional info is preserved.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes I see now Hans

I kind of had the same set up.
    Thanks once again for giving me a good start.