Thanks
    I've cleaned out the PC AntiSpyware 2010 virus from someone's laptop, and trying to get things back to normal. But when trying to associate .msc files with Microsoft Management Console using the "Open With" dialogue, I find that the required Microsoft Management Console entry is not present.

How can I reassociate .msc files correctly?

I should say that I've checked the HKCR\.msc and HKCR\MSCFile entries with those on my own PC, and the contents are identical...

Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Although you've checked the registry, you might still give Kelly Theriot's Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP, entry #54, left hand side a try, or the MSC File Association Fix on Doug Knox's Windows XP File Assocation Fixes.

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='790239' date='22-Aug-2009 10:45']Although you've checked the registry, you might still give Kelly Theriot's Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP, entry #54, left hand side a try, or the MSC File Association Fix on Doug Knox's Windows XP File Assocation Fixes.[/quote]
    Brilliant! I chose the first one and ran the (surprisingly lengthy) .REG file. The Microsoft Management Console now appears on the Open With menu. Just a matter of associating it permanently with files of type .MSC and it all works!

Thanks, as usual!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...