New Lounger
    Thanks
    Everytime the computer tries to install a certain update it fails. It is Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86. When I shut the computer off it starts to install, but just runs forver and shuts off. When you turn it back on it tries to configure the installation but fails and says it is converting back to previous settings. any advice or clues on what to do?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='strychnine11' post='790389' date='23-Aug-2009 15:15']Everytime the computer tries to install a certain update it fails. It is Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86. When I shut the computer off it starts to install, but just runs forver and shuts off. When you turn it back on it tries to configure the installation but fails and says it is converting back to previous settings. any advice or clues on what to do?[/quote]

I've had better luck using the full install package for >NET 3.5 SP1 rather than Windows Update. There is a link to download the full package is about 2/3 the way down the page at Download details: .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1.

Joe
    Joe