2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am about to change website and email hosting companies for a small office - Outlook 2003 running under Windows XP. We are switching from one Unix based hosting arrangement to another so we do not have Exchange Server support.

My first question is: How to I transfer the email left on the server and the email addresses from the old server to the new server? The office staff is not technically sophisticated so I need a simple solution if possible to minimizes their stress.

Second Question (I think I know the answer): Is there a way to share email addresses among Outlook users without Exchange Server?

Thanks
    [quote name='bvitter' post='790456' date='24-Aug-2009 04:30']How to I transfer the email left on the server and the email addresses from the old server to the new server? The office staff is not technically sophisticated so I need a simple solution if possible to minimizes their stress.[/quote]
    You use POP and leave mail on the server, or you use IMAP (so mail always lives on the server)? I would ask your new provider how they recommend migrating. You probably will need to tell them the current server software. If they can't help, it's a bad sign.