2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am now trying out Word 2007, which came installed as a trial version on my new laptop.

I see that Microsoft has made some major changes to the familiar (though sometimes initally confusing) menu system it has used for more than a decade.

It would be nice if I could at least find the Help menu so I could alleviate my confusion about some of the other changes.

But I've been using Word 2007 for over a month now and I still haven't found the Help menu. Sigh.

Yes, I could press F1, but I prefer to use the mouse to access menus. I can then more easily drill down through the menus and see the options.

Can anyone please Help? thank you.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='jsallen' post='790495' date='24-Aug-2009 10:35']I am now trying out Word 2007, which came installed as a trial version on my new laptop.

I see that Microsoft has made some major changes to the familiar (though sometimes initally confusing) menu system it has used for more than a decade.

It would be nice if I could at least find the Help menu so I could alleviate my confusion about some of the other changes.

But I've been using Word 2007 for over a month now and I still haven't found the Help menu. Sigh.

Yes, I could press F1, but I prefer to use the mouse to access menus. I can then more easily drill down through the menus and see the options.

Can anyone please Help? thank you.[/quote]

Don't you see the blue question mark?

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There's a question mark at the right hand side of the ribbon. Click this to get help.

You may find the Word 2003 to Word 2007 command reference guide helpful (online, requires Flash player)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It would appear the context senstive F1 help just doesn't work properly in 2007. Actually finding the help you want is pretty lousy.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Judith_Kiwi08' post='790525' date='24-Aug-2009 13:53']It would appear the context senstive F1 help just doesn't work properly in 2007. Actually finding the help you want is pretty lousy.[/quote]
    You have nailed it, this has been one of the biggest gripes that I hear about Office 2007.

And you have been kind with your statement.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.