5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How can one delete Yahoo’s sidebar "Show results from"?

Thanks, Acer

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Which browser?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='790539' date='24-Aug-2009 18:25']Which browser?[/quote]

FX 3.5.1

Thanks
    Some add-ons have configuration options here: Tools > Add-ons > Extensions

If there are no settings, you might check Yahoo's site to see whether they use preferences in about:config.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='790543' date='24-Aug-2009 18:52']Some add-ons have configuration options here: Tools > Add-ons > Extensions

If there are no settings, you might check Yahoo's site to see whether they use preferences in about:config.[/quote]

Thanks for answering: however, it is not the Yahoo toolbar. When using the Yahoo search engine, on the left side of the screen is "Show results from." I would like to reclaim that real estate.

Thanks.

Thanks
    [quote name='acerfmayer' post='790611' date='25-Aug-2009 13:05']Thanks for answering: however, it is not the Yahoo toolbar. When using the Yahoo search engine, on the left side of the screen is "Show results from." I would like to reclaim that real estate.

Thanks.[/quote]
    Perhaps you could provide some clarification by posting a screen shot. Is this something in the Firefox header/footer or are you at the Yahoo search site?
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    [quote name='acerfmayer' post='790611' date='25-Aug-2009 10:05']Thanks for answering: however, it is not the Yahoo toolbar. When using the Yahoo search engine, on the left side of the screen is "Show results from." I would like to reclaim that real estate.[/quote]
    Well, I think you can always close the sidebar, whether it is displaying history, bookmarks, or something else. What I don't understand is why it opens in the first place. Do you use a bookmark to get to Yahoo? You might want to right-click it and inspect its properties. If it has the checkbox for "Load this bookmark in the sidebar" checked, try unchecking it.

== Edit ==

Whoops, apparently you are seeing an experimental new Yahoo! search results page that I don't see. This article mentions it as part of the "new" homepage: Yahoo! Search Blog » Blog Archive » Testing a New Yahoo! Search Experience. Not sure how it works, I don't see it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    "Whoops, apparently you are seeing an experimental new Yahoo! search results page that I don't see. This article mentions it as part of the "new" homepage: Yahoo! Search Blog » Blog Archive » Testing a New Yahoo! Search Experience. Not sure how it works, I don't see it. "

Well, ain't I the lucky one. Thanks so much for your research! I can't figure out how to revert.
    Rather arrogant to present a new page without any choice....

Anyone else there amongst those who see this?

Acer

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='acerfmayer' post='790648' date='25-Aug-2009 14:13']"Whoops, apparently you are seeing an experimental new Yahoo! search results page that I don't see. This article mentions it as part of the "new" homepage: Yahoo! Search Blog » Blog Archive » Testing a New Yahoo! Search Experience. Not sure how it works, I don't see it. "

Well, ain't I the lucky one. Thanks so much for your research! I can't figure out how to revert.
    Rather arrogant to present a new page without any choice....

Anyone else there amongst those who see this?

Acer[/quote]

I think I found it....... click on VIEW hover over SIDEBAR and uncheck what is checked
    If that doesn't work for you maybe one of these will help good luck

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum...s=yahoo+sidebar

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='dohmixer' post='790683' date='25-Aug-2009 23:39']I think I found it....... click on VIEW hover over SIDEBAR and uncheck what is checked
    If that doesn't work for you maybe one of these will help good luck

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum...s=yahoo+sidebar[/quote]

Thank you for your post.

This is a Yahoo issue, not Firefox so, unfortunately, the Bookmark solution doesn't apply.

Acer