Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Big Al

I use this slang all of the time, the beauty (or otherwise) of Cockney rhyming slang is that it is transitional and unlike us old uns moves at a pace

Huckleberry Finn = Pin (password)

For example in the old days the slang for a watch was a kettle? Kettle and hob = fob (watch) because the kettle hanging over the fire on a chain looked like a fob watch on a chain.

True Cockney's however do not use the last part of the slang making it even harder so if I said to a friend "Listen me old china (china plate), I'v been a bit hearts (hearts of oak) so I went to my old pot (pot and pan) and borrowed a bag (bag of sand)" so what I would have said is "Listen mate, I'v been a bit broke so I went to my old man and borrowed a grand" (Editted because I realise that Grand in itself is slang grand = 1000 but I don't know why)

:-)
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='790806' date='26-Aug-2009 12:59'](Editted because I realise that Grand in itself is slang grand = 1000 but I don't know why)[/quote]

Well I suppose, having $1000 or 1000 pounds IS PRETTY GRAND!
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!