3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have been trying to download practically any version of Ubuntu 9.04 and sometimes tried versions of 8.04. The download completes and when I try to open any of the .iso files I get the following error: "Error while unpacking program, code LP5, please report to author". I have tried downloading over and over again, and even tried downloading in firefox. About a year ago I had no problems at all opening the Ubuntu packages. Hope someone knows a solution to this, thanks.
    Time can fix anything.....even a broken clock. - Handy Andy

Thanks
    [quote name='HandyAndy' post='790572' date='25-Aug-2009 09:39']I have been trying to download practically any version of Ubuntu 9.04 and sometimes tried versions of 8.04. The download completes and when I try to open any of the .iso files I get the following error: "Error while unpacking program, code LP5, please report to author". I have tried downloading over and over again, and even tried downloading in firefox. About a year ago I had no problems at all opening the Ubuntu packages. Hope someone knows a solution to this, thanks. [/quote]
    You haven't said what program you are trying to use to open the .ISO file. I've seen WinRAR suggested...
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HandyAndy' post='790572' date='25-Aug-2009 09:39']Hello,

I have been trying to download practically any version of Ubuntu 9.04 and sometimes tried versions of 8.04. The download completes and when I try to open any of the .iso files I get the following error: "Error while unpacking program, code LP5, please report to author". I have tried downloading over and over again, and even tried downloading in firefox. About a year ago I had no problems at all opening the Ubuntu packages. Hope someone knows a solution to this, thanks. [/quote]

Are you wanting to instal Ubuntu? I'm not sure what use it is unpacking it. You need to write the iso image to a disk and then install the whole operating system.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, for missing out on some details. I know that Ubuntu comes as an iso file and I know how to burn it to cd properly. I have done this many times in the past with no problems at all. I use LSoft Active ISO Manager 3.3, it is registered to me and I have used it before with no problems. I think you might be onto something, BATcher. I am starting to feel the program I have always used with no trouble is now the culprit. But why all of a sudden?
    Time can fix anything.....even a broken clock. - Handy Andy

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    On WindowsXP computers, I've used ISO Recorder to burn the images. I've yet to have a problem.

If you still have problems with this, perhaps having a copy of Ubuntu shipped to you would suffice? This service will ship you a copy of Ubuntu at no cost.
    Christopher Baldrey